Friday, February 23, 2018

No Fear

                    Are you in need of comfort and peace?
        Has fear tried to leave you anxious and feeling unworthy?

                   If so you are not alone.

     For many years, I let fear stop me.  Stop me from, being myself, stop me from making a difference, even stop me from praising my Creator, because the spirit of fear wrapped it's subtle snare around my thoughts tightly enough to convince me I wasn't good enough, wasn't smart enough, wasn't talented enough to do anything. It made it seem that what others thought about me was more important than what God thought about me.

                        But God said in Isaiah 51

     Eternal One: I am the One who comforts you and gives you peace. So why are    you afraid of human beings?

    The children of men are only grass; they’ll wither and die . Have you forgotten Me, the One who made you and the whole world, who stretched out the skies and made sure the earth’s foundations?

    Yet you constantly worry about others—how they hate and might harm you.

      But their anger counts for nothing.

     In an instant, those who cower in fear and trepidation will be free to go in confidence; they won’t die in chains or suffer from hunger.

      Because I, the Eternal, am your God, I can make the oceans roil with storm and roll with great waves. They call Me, the Eternal, Commander of heavenly armies.

    I have given you My words to speak and protected you with the shadow of My hand. I am the One who pulled the skies tight and made the earth rock solid. And I am the same who said to Zion, “You are indeed Mine!”    Isaiah 51:12-16

                Stop for a moment and take a look at yourself.

   Maybe you’ve left a door open in your life like I had, from books I read or movies I had watched that planted a spirit of fear in my mind?  

Perhaps someone else, spoke a word curse over you that planted a fear of failure in your mind?
Telling you that you would never amount to anything!
Never be good at anything!
Never succeed at what you set out to accomplish!

Isn't it time to let go of all that and let God bring you comfort and peace?  Let God heal the wounds you have?  Let go of everything that separates you from Him?

           Maybe you need to let go of unforgiveness?

Like I did.

          Perhaps you need God to show you unconfessed sins you may have committed?

Like I did.

                  He is faithful and just. Ask Him?

Psalm 139 tells us that He knows us.  He knows me!  He knows you!

O Eternal One, You have explored my heart and know exactly who I am; You even know the small details like when I take a seat and when I stand up again. Even when I am far away, You know what I’m thinking. You observe my wanderings and my sleeping, my waking and my dreaming, and You know everything I do in more detail than even I know. You know what I’m going to say long before I say it. It is true, Eternal One, that You know everything and everyone.


          So that means God even realizes when we are anxious and afraid.


Let God show you and help you close any doors of unforgiveness.  Unforgiveness towards others.  Unforgiveness towards yourself.

Don't you think it's time to--Let God deliver you from fear.

His perfect love casts out all fear.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist]. But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgment] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love]. We know [with confidence] that anyone born of God does not habitually sin; but He (Jesus) who was born of God [carefully] keeps and protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.



I could weep with joy as I write this because He loved me enough to take all my fear and fill me up with His love.

             Come on!
              Let go!
               Let God!

Any one or all these scriptures (promises) were written for you.  Talk to the one who created you to live and walk in confidence.

 Ask Him…….

You fill in the rest.






No comments:

Post a Comment